Version v2.3 of the documentation is no longer actively maintained. The page that you are viewing is the last archived version. For the latest stable documentation, see v3.5.
etcd 2.2.0-rc memory benchmarks
GCE n1-standard-2 machine type
- 1x dedicated local SSD mounted under /var/lib/etcd
- 1x dedicated slow disk for the OS
- 7.5 GB memory
- 2x CPUs
etcd Version: 2.2.0-rc.0+git Git SHA: 103cb5c Go Version: go1.5 Go OS/Arch: linux/amd64
Start 3-member etcd cluster, each of which uses 2 cores.
The length of key name is always 64 bytes, which is a reasonable length of average key bytes.
Memory Maximal Usage
- etcd may use maximal memory if one follower is dead and the leader keeps sending snapshots.
max RSSis the maximal memory usage recorded in 3 runs.
|value bytes||key number||data size(MB)||max RSS(MB)||max RSS/data rate on leader|
Data Size Threshold
- When etcd reaches data size threshold, it may trigger leader election easily and drop part of proposals.
- At most cases, etcd cluster should work smoothly if it doesn’t hit the threshold. If it doesn’t work well due to insufficient resources, you need to decrease its data size.
|value bytes||key number limitation||suggested data size threshold(MB)||consumed RSS(MB)|
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.