Version v3.1 of the documentation is no longer actively maintained. The page that you are viewing is the last archived version. For the latest stable documentation, see v3.5.
etcd v2.2.0-rc-memory benchmarks
GCE n1-standard-2 machine type
- 1x dedicated local SSD mounted under /var/lib/etcd
- 1x dedicated slow disk for the OS
- 7.5 GB memory
- 2x CPUs
etcd Version: 2.2.0-rc.0+git Git SHA: 103cb5c Go Version: go1.5 Go OS/Arch: linux/amd64
Start 3-member etcd cluster, each of which uses 2 cores.
The length of key name is always 64 bytes, which is a reasonable length of average key bytes.
Memory Maximal Usage
- etcd may use maximal memory if one follower is dead and the leader keeps sending snapshots.
max RSSis the maximal memory usage recorded in 3 runs.
|value bytes||key number||data size(MB)||max RSS(MB)||max RSS/data rate on leader|
Data Size Threshold
- When etcd reaches data size threshold, it may trigger leader election easily and drop part of proposals.
- At most cases, etcd cluster should work smoothly if it doesn’t hit the threshold. If it doesn’t work well due to insufficient resources, you need to decrease its data size.
|value bytes||key number limitation||suggested data size threshold(MB)||consumed RSS(MB)|
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.
Last modified April 26, 2021: Docsy theme (#244) (86b070b)