Version v3.2 of the documentation is no longer actively maintained. The page that you are viewing is the last archived version. For the latest stable documentation, see v3.5.
etcd uses the capnslog library for logging application output categorized into levels. A log message’s level is determined according to these conventions:
Error: Data has been lost, a request has failed for a bad reason, or a required resource has been lost
- A failure to allocate disk space for WAL
Warning: (Hopefully) Temporary conditions that may cause errors, but may work fine. A replica disappearing (that may reconnect) is a warning.
- Failure to send raft message to a remote peer
- Failure to receive heartbeat message within the configured election timeout
Notice: Normal, but important (uncommon) log information.
- Add a new node into the cluster
- Add a new user into auth subsystem
Info: Normal, working log information, everything is fine, but helpful notices for auditing or common operations.
- Startup configuration
- Start to do snapshot
Debug: Everything is still fine, but even common operations may be logged, and less helpful but more quantity of notices.
- Send a normal message to a remote peer
- Write a log entry to disk
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.