Version v3.6-DRAFT of the documentation is in DRAFT status. For the latest stable documentation, see v3.5.
Libraries and tools
A listing of etcd tools and client libraries
- etcdctl - A command line client for etcd
- etcd-dump - Command line utility for dumping/restoring etcd.
- etcd-fs - FUSE filesystem for etcd
- etcddir - Realtime sync etcd and local directory. Work with windows and linux.
- etcd-browser - A web-based key/value editor for etcd using AngularJS
- etcd-lock - Master election & distributed r/w lock implementation using etcd - Supports v2
- etcd-console - A web-base key/value editor for etcd using PHP
- etcd-viewer - An etcd key-value store editor/viewer written in Java
- etcdtool - Export/Import/Edit etcd directory as JSON/YAML/TOML and Validate directory using JSON schema
- etcdloadtest - A command line load test client for etcd version 3.0 and above.
- lucas - A web-based key-value viewer for kubernetes etcd3.0+ cluster.
- etcd-manager - A modern, efficient, multi-platform and free etcd 3.x GUI & client tool. Available for Windows, Linux and Mac.
- etcd-backup-restore - Utility to periodic and incrementally backup and restore the etcd.
- etcdadm - A command-line tool for operating an etcd cluster.
The sections below list etcd client libraries by language.
- etcd/client/v3 - the officially maintained Go client for v3
- etcd/client/v2 - the officially maintained Go client for v2
- go-etcd - the deprecated official client. May be useful for older (<2.0.0) versions of etcd.
- encWrapper - encWrapper is an encryption wrapper for the etcd client Keys API/KV.
- coreos/jetcd - Supports v3
- boonproject/etcd - Supports v2, Async/Sync and waits
- diwakergupta/jetcd - Supports v2
- jurmous/etcd4j - Supports v2, Async/Sync, waits and SSL
- AdoHe/etcd4j - Supports v2 (enhance for real production cluster)
- cdancy/etcd-rest - Uses jclouds to provide a complete implementation of v2 API.
- maciej/etcd-client - Supports v2. Akka HTTP-based fully async client
- eiipii/etcdhttpclient - Supports v2. Async HTTP client based on Netty and Scala Futures.
- mingchuno/etcd4s - Supports v3 using gRPC with optional Akka Stream support.
- hexfusion/perl-net-etcd - Supports v3 grpc gateway HTTP API
- robn/p5-etcd - Supports v2
- kragniz/python-etcd3 - Client for v3
- jplana/python-etcd - Supports v2
- russellhaering/txetcd - a Twisted Python library
- cholcombe973/autodock - A docker deployment automation tool
- lisael/aioetcd - (Python 3.4+) Asyncio coroutines client (Supports v2)
- txaio-etcd - Asynchronous etcd v3-only client library for Twisted (today) and asyncio (future)
- dims/etcd3-gateway - etcd v3 API library using the HTTP grpc gateway
- aioetcd3 - (Python 3.6+) etcd v3 API for asyncio
- Revolution1/etcd3-py - (python2.7 and python3.5+) Python client for etcd v3, using gRPC-JSON-Gateway
- mixer/etcd3 - Supports v3
- stianeikeland/node-etcd - Supports v2 (w Coffeescript)
- lavagetto/nodejs-etcd - Supports v2
- deedubs/node-etcd-config - Supports v2
- ranjib/etcd-ruby - Supports v2
- davissp14/etcdv3-ruby - Supports v3
- apache/celix/etcdlib - Supports v2
- jdarcy/etcd-api - Supports v2
- shafreeck/cetcd - Supports v2
- edwardcapriolo/etcdcpp - Supports v2
- suryanathan/etcdcpp - Supports v2 (with waits)
- nokia/etcd-cpp-api - Supports v2
- nokia/etcd-cpp-apiv3 - Supports v3
- dwwoelfel/cetcd - Supports v2
- rthomas/clj-etcd - Supports v2
- marshall-lee/etcd.erl - Supports v2
- zhongwencool/eetcd - Supports v3+ (GRPC only)
- wangjia184/etcdnet - Supports v2
- shubhamranjan/dotnet-etcd - Supports v3+ (GRPC only)
- ouqiang/etcd-php - Client for v3 gRPC gateway
- efrecon/etcd-tcl - Supports v2, except wait.
- jimmycuadra/rust-etcd - Supports v2
- gradle-etcd-rest-plugin - Supports v2
- api7/lua-resty-etcd - Supports v2 and v3 (grpc gateway HTTP API)
Projects using etcd
- etcd Raft users - projects using etcd’s raft library implementation.
- apache/celix - an implementation of the OSGi specification adapted to C and C++
- binocarlos/yoda - etcd + ZeroMQ
- blox/blox - a collection of open source projects for container management and orchestration with AWS ECS
- calavera/active-proxy - HTTP Proxy configured with etcd
- chain/chain - software designed to operate and connect to highly scalable permissioned blockchain networks
- derekchiang/etcdplus - A set of distributed synchronization primitives built upon etcd
- go-discover - service discovery in Go
- gleicon/goreman - Branch of the Go Foreman clone with etcd support
- garethr/hiera-etcd - Puppet hiera backend using etcd
- mattn/etcd-vim - SET and GET keys from inside vim
- mattn/etcdenv - “env” shebang with etcd integration
- kelseyhightower/confd - Manage local app config files using templates and data from etcd
- configdb - A REST relational abstraction on top of arbitrary database backends, aimed at storing configs and inventories.
- kubernetes/kubernetes - Container cluster manager introduced by Google.
- mailgun/vulcand - HTTP proxy that uses etcd as a configuration backend.
- duedil-ltd/discodns - Simple DNS nameserver using etcd as a database for names and records.
- skynetservices/skydns - RFC compliant DNS server
- xordataexchange/crypt - Securely store values in etcd using GPG encryption
- spf13/viper - Go configuration library, reads values from ENV, pflags, files, and etcd with optional encryption
- lytics/metafora - Go distributed task library
- ryandoyle/nss-etcd - A GNU libc NSS module for resolving names from etcd.
- Gru - Orchestration made easy with Go
- Vitess - Vitess is a database clustering system for horizontal scaling of MySQL.
- lclarkmichalek/etcdhcp - DHCP server that uses etcd for persistence and coordination.
- openstack/networking-vpp - A networking driver that programs the FD.io VPP dataplane to provide OpenStack cloud virtual networking
- OpenStack - OpenStack services can rely on etcd as a base service.
- CoreDNS - CoreDNS is a DNS server that chains plugins, part of CNCF and Kubernetes
- Uber M3 - M3: Uber’s Open Source, Large-scale Metrics Platform for Prometheus
- Rook - Storage Orchestration for Kubernetes
- Patroni - A template for PostgreSQL High Availability with ZooKeeper, etcd, or Consul
- Trillian - Trillian implements a Merkle tree whose contents are served from a data storage layer, to allow scalability to extremely large trees.
- Apache APISIX - Apache APISIX is a dynamic, real-time, high-performance API gateway.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.
Last modified September 7, 2022: Add etcdadm in the tools list (e1c9838)